For over 40 years, Thatching Advisory Services has been at the forefront of thatching, providing advice covering all aspects of thatching, thatch fire safety and the supply of a comprehensive range of thatch fire barriers and systems, including our Thatch Fireboard System and Thatch Firewall Membrane System, both of which are Local Authority Building Control (LABC) Registered Systems.
We are a single source of information for:
- Property Owners
Having devoted years to the craft of thatching we have experienced most thatch problems or issues. It’s this experience, research and development that make Thatching Advisory Services invaluable. For example, in the event of building regulations, we can guide you through which fire barriers and systems are best suited to each individual project.
Our internal advice centre can offer comprehensive information with regard to thatching and any concerns that you may have with your thatched roof.
We also have a section on the website called Find a Thatcher, this will enable you to find a thatcher that will be happy to come out and talk to you about your roof.
- Supply of fire retardants and fire barrier materials
- Technical information and advice to architects, contractors, surveyors, thatchers and thatched property owners
- Advice on U-Value Calculations and Condensation Risk Analysis
- Supply, installation and maintenance of an Early Warning System for monitoring the temperature of the chimney at the point it meets the thatch
- Individually tailored thatch surveys
- Comprehensive guide to thatching materials and roof construction
- Advice to owning a thatched property
- Avoiding the fire risks of thatch
The growing popularity of thatch has led to more new buildings and extensions to existing thatched properties, making our range of fire barriers and technical support essential for any thatched project.
As one of the UK`s leading suppliers of Thatch Fire Protection products and systems, we are able to offer a comprehensive range of products to include:
- TAS100 Thatch Fireboard – Rigid Fire Barrier
- Thatch Firewall Membrane – Flexible Fire Barrier
- Thatchbatts® – Additional Fire Protection and Insulation
- Thatchsayf – Fire Retardant Spray
- Thatch Alert – Chimney Monitoring System
The introduction of fire retardant sprays and early warning temperature sensors for chimneys have reduced the fire risks to many thatched properties. Also changes in roof construction have maximised the benefits of these fire safety advances.
Because Thatching Advisory Services has been established for so many years, we have links with many other organisations.
As a company, we are keen to maintain these links so that if you need support in an area outside of our levels of expertise, we can direct you to another organisation that can help you.
For example, problems with:
- Chimneys and liners, we can direct you to the likes of HETAS
- Insurance, we can provide you with links to many of the providers of policies for homes with thatched roofs
- New build issues, we can direct you to the Dorset Model or NHBC etc.
Please see our Useful Links page.
Subscribe to our blog
Viewing page 1 of 3 | Next Page